May 1, 2011

Mary Randolph Cater

I have been really inspired by her books lately. I call it, the art of not housekeeping and it is my new philosophy...


For the Love of Old: Living with Chipped, Frayed, Tarnished, Faded, Tattered, Worn and Weathered Things that Bring Comfort, Character and Joy to the Places We Call Home


and 


A Perfectly Kept House is the Sign of A Misspent Life: How to live creatively with collections, clutter, work, kids, pets, art, etc... and stop worrying about everything being perfectly in its place.  









2 comments:

  1. This is interesting, as I'm often accused (correctly) of being somewhat of a neat-freak.

    You know, maybe I could lighten up on that, assuming it's just force of habit, and not actually OCD, giving myself time to do more things in a day than readjusting the arrangement of my desktop when I'm not at the library.

    ...Food for thought, and that's always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE neat freaks! That's the problem. If I don't learn to embrace the messiness I'll never get out alive - lol :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.